I have to admit, I am a sucker for high-end, fancy pants cooking. So one of the first things I wanted to cook, was something over the top to showcase I was able to plate up as the chefs do. So here is an old recipe, something rather simple to make, however sounds complex and looks professional, a perfect starter for any shows offs …
- One Packet of organic Asparagus
- 4-5 Organic Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 150ml Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
Firstly make the vinaigrette , you can leave it to infuse whilst you cook the other ingredients.Dice 1/2 red onion into small cubes, if you are in doubt of your cutting skills, here is a handy video to help.
- Take 150ml of Virgin Olive Oil and add the diced red onion, then add 3 tablespoons of Balsamic dressing and stir vigorously.
- whilst this in infusing, wash the chop the stems off the Asparagus and place dry on a griddle pan, cook these for 2-5 mins making sure they achieve that charred look.
- Wash the chestnut mushrooms and slice thinly , placing them into the oven at 200 c for around 5 min. The thinner you slice them the quicker they will cook, season with salt and pepper .
- Once all the ingredients are cooked its time to plate up – eat and enjoy!