There are days where all I want to do is consume easy food – Store bought Puff pastry is a hot favourite of mine. It uses Soya and therefore meets all the vegan needs. So the hardest thing that you have to do it decide what delectable foods to put in it.
- 1 store bought puff pastry
- Soya milk
- Maple syrup
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Aubergine
- Italian Herbs
- Wash and roughly chop all vegetables into desired lengths / cubes / anything that takes your fancy – today is about simple cooking.
- Place veg on baking tray , add tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper and a cheeky pinch of Italian herbs.
- Roast for approx 25 mins
- Roll out Puff pastry to desired length / how hungry you are.
- Cut a rectangle/ square 1 inch from edge, and make holes in the centre.
- Spread tomato paste + olive oil + garlic and place over centre of puff pastry.
- Once all the veg is roasted to perfection – add to the puff pastry.
- Soya milk and maple syrup act like an egg glaze when mixed together and are great for getting that crispy delicious crust. Add a tablespoon of maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of soya milk – whisk and brush over the sides of the puff pastry.
Then place into oven at 180*C for 15 mins – checking to see the pastry doesn’t burn, and hey presto – Super easy Roasted Vegetable delight – great served with a salad.